The Internet Education Foundation (IEF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public and policymakers about the potential of the Internet to promote democracy, communications, and commerce. Selected interns will be involved in two of the IEF's current initiatives: GetNetWise, a national child online safety initiative, and the activities of the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee.
The Internet Education Foundation seeks a Spring/ Summer intern to manage constituent resource project.
IEF seeks a self motivated, independent individual to infuse our longest running project, GetNetWise.org, with innovative programming, constituent outreach and overall site dynamics. Intern will also play key role in execution of Congressional briefings on a monthly basis.
- Independent worker, capable of recognizing problems and taking initiative.
- Excellent writing skills
- Outstanding communication skills, specifically dealing with vendors and tool providers
- Desire to learn HTML code
- Reasonably technology savvy
- Interest in project management
- Advanced technical and personal writing abilities
- Superior organizational and management skills
- HTML coding and website development
- Ability to communicate with Director-level staff at major technology companies
Please send resume and cover letter to Allison Rodway , Program Director.